Follow

Friday 17 August 2012

Car Safety Workshop!

Last night I attended a Woman's Workshop all to do with car safety, so that my mother and I could find out a little bit more about what do to if you're in a bit of a sticky situation when your car breaks down, if you need to change a tyre etc. The reason that they chose to make this even a Woman's only event is largely because they realized that sometimes women can feel intimidated by men that appear to know all of this car-malarkey whereas I personally couldn't pick a flat tyre out of a line-up!

Whilst at this event, there was a stall from a local beauty salon that were showing people how to curl hair using hair straighteners. My mother and I had a nice chat with Jan, a woman who owns the salon along with her daughter, and it turns out that they recently took part in an episode of Don't Tell The Bride! This'll be airing sometime in September, so I'll be sure to make another post when I've watched the episode saying 'I've spoken to that lady!'. The salon offers a range of beauty therapies, such as hot-shell massages and chocolate face masks (yummy!) and is based in Leicester.

After we had watched the hair demonstration and treated ourselves to some nibbles, we got to watch a presentation all about what we should do if we ever do find ourselves in scary, intimidating situations whilst we're out and about in our cars. An example that we were given was the anagram 'Flower', which stands for Fuel, Lights, Oil, Water, Electric, and Rubber- which reminds us of everything that we should check to do with our car to make sure that everything will (hopefully!) go smoothly on our journeys.


Now, onto something a little more beauty-orientated. We received a lovely goody bag from the lovely ladies at the salon, Volkswagon, Next and also Rainbows the charity organisation. I thought that I'd share with you what we received in the bag.


Firstly, we received a lovely perfume from Next which smells absolutely lovely. Think autumn scents with a hint of musk! The main thing that I loved about this was the bottle, which is an adorable heart-shaped bottle with a stunning regal-looking lid to it. I was very impressed with this perfume and the bag in general!


Secondly, the bag contained a large cinnamon-scented candle. Cinnamon isn't normally a scent I would go for, but I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that the smell wasn't too overpowering so it can just go on if I want a little bit of luminosity in a room. This is what made the bag so heavy!


We were also given a keyring and a pen from the car dealership, which always comes in handy! The keyring will be going on my set of car-keys next year and the pen will be residing in my bag. I'll look so classy getting out my Volkswagon pen when I need to write something down! The envy of all pen-lovers, I bet!

Another thing that was included, which I'll never say no to, was a flapjack with a yoghurt base. Nothing much to say about it, except that it was a whopping 495 calories that I'll never get back! Recommended for the taste-buds but not for the stomach! As it was devoured, sadly you've got no picture to stare at- which is great for the diet, just not mine!
 
Finally, we were given some leaflets that had lots of details about car servicing, the Rainbows Charity Organisation and also some discounts on paint jobs for a new car. All in all, a pretty successful event and a lovely little goody bag for us all to gawk over! I really did enjoy my evening and I definitely recommend it if there's one near you anytime soon. It was very informative and made you think about what you should do if you were ever faced with an unwanted situation! As I'm currently learning to drive, it's definitely something that I wanted to go to so that I'd be a bit more aware of dangers that I might face and how to overcome them.
 
So it wasn't completely a beauty-focused post, but it's interesting none-the-less! Keep your eyes out for an informative post tomorrow. Nothing serious! Thank you very much for reading. If you have any suggestions on posts that I could write in the future, please leave a comment below or tweet me @Dailybeaut. See you all tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Nice Posting. It’s really a great article.Yay google is my king helped me to discover this wonderful web site !thanks admin
    Beauty Salon

    ReplyDelete

Followers